Stir Fried Broccoli
2 pounds Broccoli
38 ozs soft tofu
1 medium leek (use the white part and some green part, sliced into ½ inch slices)
2 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups canola oil to fry tofu
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon stir fry sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoons dry mushroom seasoning
- Wash, rinse and slice tofu into ½ x 2 inch slices. Lay on paper towels to dry.
- Heat a large pan and add 1 ½ cups of oil to fry tofu slices golden brown on both sides. Set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil and let cool.
- Cut the fried tofu pieces into thin slices, about ¼“ to ½“ thick.
- Prepare the sauce – Mix corn starch, stir fry sauce, mushroom seasoning and soy sauce with ½ cup of water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and fry the leek for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of water and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add fried tofu slices in step 3 above and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add as much of the sauce prepared in step 4 as needed to thicken the liquid into a sauce and continue to stir fry for 30 seconds minutes.
- Add black pepper before serving.