Long Green Beans with Braised Gluten (Vegetarian Roast Duck)
4 10-ounce cans Vegetarian Mock Duck.
1 medium leek, white part and 1 inch of green part, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons minced lemongrass, fresh or frozen
8 ounces Chinese long beans (can substitute green beans)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons chili bean sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
½ tablespoon canola oil for sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry mushroom seasoning
1. Rinse mock duck, squeeze to remove excess liquid. Slice mock duck into pieces, about ¼-inch thick and 1-½ to 2 inches long.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the mock duck slices and fry until golden brown. Remove mock duck from the pan and set aside on a paper-towel lined plate.
3. Rinse and cut the green beans into 1.5-inch long segments. Place them in a microwave-safe container, and microwave them at high level for 3 minutes. Remove the lid of container and set aside.
4. Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the same frying pan, and stir-fry the leek for 1 minute. Add lemongrass and continue to stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add chili bean sauce, sugar, mushroom seasoning and water, bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer for 2 minutes to complete the sauce.
5. Return the heat to medium high, then add the mock duck to the sauce and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the green beans and cook, while continuing to lightly stir to avoid burning, for another 4 minutes or until all the sauce is absorbed by the mock duck.