Fried Tofu with Lemongrass
10 ounces Fried Tofu Cubes (see Fried Tofu Cubes above)
1½ cups water
1 tablespoon chopped leek (white part and some green part of leek, finely chopped)
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon curry powder
½ tablespoon tumeric
1 teaspoon dry mushroom seasoning
- Add canola oil to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped leek and stir until light golden brown.
- Add minced lemongrass and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add water, curry powder, turmeric, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and simmer until all the sauce is absorbed by the tofu, about 10 minutes.