Fried Tofu Patties
48 ounces firm tofu
4 tablespoons minced and crushed fresh or frozen lemongrass
3 tablespoons finely chopped leek (white part and some green part)
2 ½ tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried mushroom seasoning
2 tablespoons dried red chili peppers, minced
- Rinse tofu and let it dry then use a wooden spoon to smash tofu finely. Set aside.
- Heat a medium pan, add ¼ tablespoon oil, fry leak for 1 minute.
- Add lemongrass and stir fry for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Add chili peppers, dried mushroom seasoning, salt and stir fry for 1 minute. Then stir into tofu mixture.
- Form the mixed tofu into small balls about 2 inches in diameter. Gently press the tofu balls to form patties about ½ inch thick.
- Heat 2 ¼ tablespoon oil in a large frying pan, and fry the tofu patties until golden brown on each side.
- Place the fried tofu burgers on a paper towel to absord excess oil before serving.