10 cups of cooked rice
½ lb fake ham or chicken (cut into small pieces)
1 ½ cups fried tofu crumbles (see fried tofu crumbles)
1 lb mixed fresh or frozen vegetables
¼ of a fresh pineapple (cut into ¼ inch cubes)
1 leek (white part and some green part, cut into ¼ inch slices)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon dry mushroom seasoning
- Prepare the fake ham and fried tofu crumbles
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add fake ham or chicken and stir fry to light brown.
- Add ½ of the leek and continue to stir fry until light golden brown.
- Add pineapple and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add fried tofu crumbles and stir fry for 3 minutes
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of Turmeric, ½ teaspoon curry powder and ½ teaspoon dry mushroom seasoning.
- Stir fry for 4 minutes and set aside
- Using the same large pan over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Once oil is hot, add the rest of the leek and stir fry until golden brown.
- Slowly add the cooked rice and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the already prepared fake ham and tofu crumbles in step 1 above and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining salt, Turmeric, curry powder and mushroom seasoning and stir fry for 2 more minutes.