Deep Fried Cauliflower & Deep Fried Fake Seaweed Fish
Deep Fried Cauliflower
3 pounds cauliflower (and/or zucchini,broccoli)
2½ cups rice flour
2 cups canola oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons tumeric
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dry mushroom seasoning
11/3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and rinse cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix rice flour with curry powder, tumeric, pepper flakes, and dry mushroom seasoning, then add enough water to the mixture to make
- it like a thick pancake batter.
- Add cauliflower into the batter and mix well.
- Heat a medium pan on a medium heat stove and add oil (the oil should be about ¾ inche deep).
- When the oil is hot enough, lift the cauliflower pieces one at a time from the batter and carefully place in the oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry in batches as necessary.
- Fry the cauliflower until golden brown on all sides. Set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil before serving.
Deep Fried Fake Seaweed Fish
3 frozen fake seaweed fish (about 1.5 lbs)
3 tablespoon canola oil
- Thaw the fake seaweed fish and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat stove and add oil.